April 15, 2011

Taking Photo's for The Magazine


Most people would title this post "Photo Shoot for the magazine", it sounds great, but it would imply that I know how to take photo's or shoot pictures.


My big girl camera (SLR) just got delivered on Friday.  It was great having it in time to take the pictures.  But, I have not had time to learn how to use it.....I'm trying!

So, the magazine wanted my project to have a Christmas theme.  Well, having flowers and greenery as a back drop was not going to work!


Nope, it's not looking like the holidays.

I was driving down the road thinking what could I use for a back drop.....There, on the side of the road, was a pile of old siding from a house!


I threw them in the trunk, took them home and nailed them to a couple of boards


Then painted and dark glazed them


And I had the perfect back drop for my top secret magazine photo's.  It looks like an old building


I just set the chair in front of the boards then sat on my little green chair and shot away



I took a couple hundred pictures, narrowed it down to 72 made a CD of the pictures and mailed them off to the magazine....I hope a couple are magazine worthy!

So, the magazine will be on new stands in October, Of course I will remind you when it comes out.

Now, where was I......Oh yes, I was working on transforming the 80's light fixture I found last week at the estate sale, stayed tuned.


And thank you for all of your very kind coments and congratulations.  I am sure everyone thinks this, but I know,
I have the kindest followers in all of blog land!

Carol





 

22 comments:

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Carol,
I'm so proud of you and I cannot wait to see the finished photos and write up. You've been working hard.

hugs
Sissie

Debbiedoos said...

Props to you girl, props to you! Can't wait to see it.

Stampindamour said...

Carol - Great posting! I love the hint of mystic with your photos! :)

Guess what?! I get to move into my booth two-days early! Today, I painted...and left a few larger items in my booth. Tomorrow, I will decorate and haul MORE treasures to the Antique Mall...I'll post photos or email you a peek.

-pamela

KimMalk said...

I know I'm late, but I can't wait to see? Can't you just give us a peek? The board idea was a good one.

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

OK Carol, I'm very curious now...looking forward to seeing what's behind the curtain. Great idea to use those old boards. That light fixture really needs your touch.

Ginger said...

You are so talented and how ingenious was that idea of the boards. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Unknown said...

Yay, I can't wait! I know it will be really neat!

Nancy

Janet said...

looking forward to the Magazine coming out in Oct. Congrats to you!!!

Gypsea Nurse said...

Carol~ will be waiting eagerly! It will be beautiful!!!
Congrats!
Smiles~
C

Ricki Treleaven said...

Carol, you are a terrible tease, LOL!

xoxoxo,
Ricki Jill

Vintagesouthernlife said...

I enjoy reading your blog. You are so creative! I'm sure they will love your pictures. I can't wait to see what you do with the chandy.

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This is so fun, Carol! Can't wait to see it!

Sheilagh said...

I love the excitement:)
I will have to see if I can get the magazine over here.

I took delivery of my "Big Girl Camera" this week, I am going out today to try to learn how to use it..lol

Have a great weekend.

Sheilagh

Debbie said...

Looking forward to the big secret being revealed so I can run to the news stand. And in the mean time, I'll be waiting got the light fixture Ta Da.

Olivia said...

Oh sweetie! I am soooo excited for you and I must say your pictures are looking fabulous! I cannot wait to see your big reveal.
Hugs,
Olivia
ps Did you see my romantic garden post, I am considering doing a calendar on Mr. Romantic LOL :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I have been out of town with no computer for a few days and I'm behind with reading my blogs. Can't wait to see.
And I always feel like someone is trying to take away my treasures...
Enjoy your weekend~KarenSue

laxsupermom said...

Can't wait to see it! I've always wondered how they get Christmas-y picks when the mags are shot so far in advance. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you !I can't wait to see it!!

Sandy xox

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

You are really keeping things under wraps!! Can't wait to see the photos!!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Congrats again! I can't wait to see it!

Unknown said...

How could you ever think we'd be anything BUT proud of you, just dying to see what it looks like! Anticipation is really hard, you know, Carol. Chuckle! Congrats, again.

Have a wonderful week
TTFN ~
Marydon

Shabby Soul said...

You are even more fancy than I thought! Looking forward to the top secret reveal!