April 29, 2014

Raised Plaster Furniture Stencil

I'm Busy doing a few more projects for my booth at the

I did a raised stencil design on this side table


It started as a ho hum side table



I used a stencil and applied plaster since I didn't have any vinyl spackle on hand.  I will go back to using vinyl spackle though because it adheres better and is smoother.  HERE is a tutorial on using vinyl spackle with a stencil






Here's Miss Billie...showing off the fact that her eyes are the same color as the cabinet!


I also upcycled this moth bitten needle point chair





Two more projects to check off the list....I have so much to show you for the Polka Dot Flea...I'm just busting, stay tuned!

Oh, I wanted to mention that there seems to be a problem with blogger.  Not all comments are coming through to my email, I know I am not the only one having this problem.  I always return comments (I have trouble with some that are using google+ since I'm not)  Know I am not ditching you....Hope google works this out soon!  I'm now checking comments on my blog dashboard

You can check out the Polka Dot Flea website HERE
Follow the Polka Dot Flea on FB HERE


Happy Creating!
Carol

21 comments:

Createology said...

Fabulous blue side table and chair. Your transformations are a vision of delight. I hope you have a very large truck/trailer for all you are transporting to the Polka Dot Flea. The excitement is showing radiant in your post dear...

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

Miss Billie's eyes are such a pretty blue!!! And so are the chair and stand. Google's been having trouble for awhile now~~~

Celestina Marie said...

Hey Carol, got your post in my mail just now. It was in spam but still glad I finally got it.

Love both these makeovers. Love that color and I have a thing for chairs, just running out of space to put them. I would grab that one up quick.

Have fun as you get ready for the big day!!
It won't be long~~
Hugs

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Duckling BEFOREs.

Swan AFTERs!

Hugs & happy week,
Kelley~

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I think we are all having problems with comments lately. Love your pretty projects! You are so talented! Have a fun week! It got HOT, didn't it? Hugs!

Bente said...

Love the sidetable, it`s gorgeous after your touch. The chair is also beautiful. Love the colors too.

Hugs from here

Cynthia said...

I love this technique. I did this in our old home on the dining room ceiling. It added so much elegance. I am planning on doing it in the new house too. I have done pieces of furniture for one of my friends with this technique too.

Cynthia

Maureen Wyatt said...

Lovely remakes! I switched my blog comments to gmail and have no problems.

NanaDiana said...

I refuse to use Google Plus-it causes nothing but problems!!!

Anyway-- I have yet to try that vinyl stencil idea but I want to! Love how yours turned out and that chair is gorgeous. I can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve...well, besides your arm, that is. cheesy- I know- cheesy...xo Diana

Debbiedoos said...

Hope you get this comment. I LOVE that piece and it would come home with me:)

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love what you did with both of these beauties. That chair transformation is amazing. I'm having the same problem with my comments.

Little Miss Maggie said...

Why how clever of you to match your paint to Miss Billie's eyes, and it's a perfect match too. I do love that raised plaster look. Takes the ho hum out and adds major pizazz.

Kathy said...

Awww! I once had a kitty named Lily who looked much like your Billie. Love those blue eyes!
Your cabinet turned out great.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love your projects! Miss Billie looks so cute--reminds me of a at I had years ago named Osh Kosh. I have been wanting to try that raised stenciling technique!

Curtains in My Tree said...

Oh I like the raised stencil projects and your pretty cat eyes

Ros Crawford said...

What a terrific photo with the cat ... made me laugh! Fabulous work Carol

Ivy and Elephants said...

The little cabinet is adorable with the new color and stencil effect.
I love the look. You are going to be a big success at the Flea!!!
Hugs,
Patti

farmhouse-story said...

the cabinet looks great, carol! and the chair is darling!

Debbie said...

Oh I love that! The irony is that I have been painting a table this week and wanted that look but used an old applique that I chiseled off another old piece. This would have been easier because I had to repair it in places.

I need to remember this.

Becky said...

That is why I love coming by here, I learn and see so many fabulous things you do.

Unknown said...

I love the raised stencil. I have done this on my walls with drywall mud!