March 4, 2013

Getting My Stencil On

I know a post on stenciling is not the biggest news in blog land, but I bought some new stencils...So, I thought I would share the fun!





I was reading Little Miss Maggies blog

And she had done some projects using stencils from
 Maison De Stencils

I loved that the stencils were so different from any found in craft stores and ......HELLO...They were having a "Flash" one day 40% off sale!  



I purchased stencils that had a few lines of words, because It would allow me to interchange different stencils, or use different portions of the stencil...Getting more bang for  my buck!

I started with a laundry sack I found in a box of vintage linen I had bought



And a flour sack towel I sewed vintage crochet on to





And a pillow


I used warm white paint with a little Butter Pecan for the towel and bag and the warm white and Dark Chocolate for the pillow


I think sometimes, just getting the right color is the key.   On the towel and the bag, I used a light, uneven pressure when I was pouncing with my stencil sponge....Maybe it added a more vintage look....Maybe?



On my list of to do's is making up some pillows for my booth at Orange Tree.

But first I should ask those of you with booths...Do stenciled pillows sell!

 Don't forget to your girls ready for the Dress Form linky Party in one week!


I am headed out of town for a few days to visit friends in St. Augustine, a fun little town north of Orlando.   As a bonus I'll visit the fountain of youth while I'm there.  If I don't get back to you right away....It's because I am busy getting youthful!

Happy Creating!
Carol



28 comments:

Createology said...

As always your style is graceful and demure. The colors are perfect for these fabulous stencils. I smile whenever I see Musee d'Orsay as it was one of my favorite places while in Paris. Simply Lovely. Enjoy your visiting and getting youthful...

Our Hopeful Home said...

I'd buy them! How did you find out about the flash sale? I love their stuff but its so expensive!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Carol I love all the stencils you bought. I would buy a pillow with Paris Flea Market on it for sure!
hugs,
Linda

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Oh, and have fun getting young! I need to know if it works, lol, and I'll be right there!

XO
Linda

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Amazing stencils. I love all the things you made. Very pretty!! The Fountain of Youth!! How fun! Enjoy!! Need that! Enjoy your trip!
Karen

Diane said...

Great job! Bet they will sell!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great stencils, Carol, and I love your projects! I try to get stencils with a few lines, too, to use some of it or all of it, depending on the project. I only stenciled fabric a few times and on things that won't be getting washed {because I used regular craft paint}.

NanaDiana said...

Oh- I love your stencils. I really should get some soon. They are so versatile and I love that you can interchange them. I would think they would see in your booth- xo Diana

Trisha said...

Beautiful work, Carol. Just about everything I've stenciled, sold very quickly. I only have a couple stenciled sacks left.
Blessings, Trisha

Joolz said...

Lovely, thanks for sharing!

Gina said...

Those stencils are great! Look at the the pretty things you've made with them!

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Carol,
I love your stenciled projects. I don't know about stenciled pillows but I've sold quite a few with ironed on images. I think yours will sell....so cute.

hugs
Sissie

farmhouse-story said...

these are lovely, carol! have a fun trip:)

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Great job Carol. Love the new stencils. I think you will use them a ton. The vintage croceht is gorgeous. Company coming for a few days. Hope I get my girl ready.
hugs,
Jann

Anonymous said...

Great stencil projects Carol!! My Silhouette can do stencils and I am thinking of trying to make a few- these french stencils are a great idea!

bee blessed
mary

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Carol, I love your stencils. WOW they are awesome. I would think these would sell quick.
Love the colors you used too. Very vintage.
Have fun on your getaway.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Maureen Wyatt said...

I'd buy those pillows for sure. They are lovely and have a great, vintage feel to them!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

You did a great job--I love your stenciling. Looks like fun!

Maureen said...

Awesome stenciling Carol! Love the look you created on those vintage bags... lovely!

Have a great time in St Augustine! Can you bottle some of that water to bring back for the rest of us? ;)

DownTheLaneWithDaisy said...

I bought stencils from them at their flash sale and for the same reason. I figured I'll use parts of them for different fabrics. I just Love what you've done with them. Just beautiful.

Pam said...

Hi Carol, Agreed, they have the best stencils out there, you got lucky to find a bargain price!!! Your stenciling is fabulous! xo Pam

Connie said...

Hi Carol,
I love your stenciled items.
You are the cleverest gal I know.
I've decided that maybe you should have a give-away with a small bottle of water from the fountain of youth . . . everyone could use a little of that, LOL.
Have a fun trip!
Connie :)

Julia @ Vintage with Laces said...

Hi Carol, You've chosen lovely stencils and your projects turned out just beautiful. I'd be amazed if they wouldn't sell very well.
Have fun in St. Augustine!
Hugs,
Julia

Curtains in My Tree said...

OMG I want to play

I want to dress up my dress form also , have been thinking of doing this for a couple weeks so this really encouraging me to get it done

I am going to read more

Debbiedoos said...

You can rock a stencil Carol like no other!

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

I love their stencils and the awesome sales they have. I have a few of my own and always looking for more.

Little Miss Maggie said...

Thanks for the shout out, Carol. I love the stencils you purchased and I know you will have so much fun with them. The pillows do sell at our shop and I know you will price them just right. The turned out great!

Chenille Cottage said...

What wonderful stencils, Carol. I have three Vermont sap buckets in my garage that need a pretty new face. I'm thinking stenciling after seeing your beautiful post!Have a wonderful week.
Blessings,
Carolynn xo