November 24, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving and featured at Remodelaholics

I hope you are all enjoying your Thanksgiving weekend.  A time for family, fun, food, giving thanks, and kicking off the Holiday Season. 

My bathroom is being featured on Remodelaholics this weekend for your viewing pleasure LOL!

 One of my first posts was remodeling my blue bathroom.  I did this remodel completely on my own.  I thought, now how much work can one little bathroom be....  OMG!  Half way through my 3 week remodel I thought I had bitten off way more than I could chew.  I now completely understand why bathroom fixer guy's get the big bucks! 

This is how it looked when I bought the house.


The whole post is Here

For the first time in 100 years I am not making Thanksgiving dinner.  A sweet friend has invited my whole family over!  But wait a minute.....No left overs?  No way!  I got a turkey breast and Thanksgiving morning I am going to cook up the turkey, potatoes, and deviled eggs (My contribution to my friends dinner) So I can have leftovers all weekend.  So much for not cooking!

A Special Thanksgiving greeting to all the Mom's of service people.  We know you worry everyday about their safety.  We salute you and your precious babies, thank you for our freedom.

OK, back to your Turkey and fun.  Thanks for dropping by.

Carol

18 comments:

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

A Very Happy Thanksgiving yo you and yours Carol, I hope you have a wonderful day!
Tina xo

La said...

Love the bathroom!

Happy Thanksgiving, Carol! La

Denise said...

Wonderful colors and print. Love your sweet bathroom.Enjoy tomarrow with friends and family.My own concern is why do I keep sitting here when I need to be in the kitchen with my two dishes I'm taking to my daughters?

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Carol,
I can't believe you did your own bathroom remodel. You are one tool belt diva!!!
Great job too. It looks great.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

hugs
Sissie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

HAPPY
THANKSGIVING
TO
YOU!!
How exciting to be featured and your new bathroom looks so pretty!
I bought a turkey too as we are going to my Mom's and at those cheap prices...it just makes sense!
Warmly,
deb
p.s. it's snowing and so pretty out! I hear it's about 80 in FL...do you miss it!?

Olivia said...

Happy Thanksgiving and your bathroom looks fabulous by the way! LOVE the wallpaper!
Hugs,
Olivia

Unknown said...

Great job, Carol! It looks so pretty now. I hope you enjoy your family and friends time tomorrow. Happy Thanksgiving!

Nancy

PEACHES said...

dang, I'm impressed! You did that yourself?!

I can't believe you ditched the blue toilet, though --it's really cool. I'm waiting for those to come back in style. Theres a taxi cab yellow sink in my future!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Congrats on the feature, Carol! It looks wonderful! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

kelly said...

Love the wallpaper.

Kelly

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Carol, Love your bathroom redo. It turned out gorgeous and congrats on your feature! I know how much work it is as we did ours last Febuary. It was a 3 week journey for us too.
But so glad we did and love it.

Thank you for stopping by and good luck in my giveaway.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Have fun at your friends for dinner.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

My Cottage Charm said...

Hey Carol! Thanks for your sweet comment on our newest addition..aka sweet pea! :) She is such a wonderful Thanksgiving blessing!
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving at your friends house! (we're having 11 or 12 here and I'm cooking!! yikes..am I crazy or what?!) lol
Have a great day!
Hugs
Missy

Biljana said...

I like your bathroom, so pretty:) Great job:))
Hugs, Biljana

Unknown said...

I must say a big improvement Carol! But I know it's a lot of work, You will see our remodeling adventures in the next SLS Magazine! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

How awesome to be featured...congrats! Thanks for coming by and leaving me such a sweet comment.

xo
LeAnn

banclothing said...

Sorry for hating the wallpaper; I know how much work it must have been to put up.

Anonymous said...

Hey Carol, I saw that magazine. It's so pretty and how wonderful to be a part of it. I emailed about an ad for it but never heard back which I thought was strange but whatever......My bathroom still has that blue tub from the 80's. One of these days maybe, just maybe it will get changed. Would you believe I roasted a 23 pound turkey and the only thing left was some bits and pieces. I have some people begging for me to run get a breast and cook that up.....hmmmmmm! xo

Lindy said...

What a sweet bathroom. So pretty!