November 18, 2010

Using CD Cases for Packaging

 Vintage hankies are pretty all on their own, but packaging makes all the difference.  A unique gift for teachers, hostesses, or holiday party guests.
Packaging makes all the difference and a CD case is the perfect fit.  You might have CD cases laying around or you can purchase empty ones at an office supply store.  Just strip out the guts.

Use cardstock paper cut to fit the CD case and using a little spray adhesive cover the cardstock with, fabric, sheet music, wrapping paper, wallpaper, scrapbooking paper, or what ever your creative minds choose.

Now Iron your vintage hanky and put it in your CD case.


You can find vintage hankies at any antique store for $2-$3 and you might be lucky enough to find some at a thrift store for less.

You could do the hanky alone or you could iron the hanky around the cardstock paper and add a piece of jewelry.

For those of you that make cards and tags it would be a great way to package them for selling or gifting.

Of course the real fun comes with decorating the case, the possibilities are endless!

If you have a gift that is going to need more space than a CD container has, you could use the paper CD holders.

Use the cardstock paper for backing and punch a hole for the ribbon.


I ironed a vintage doily around the cardstock and added a pin.


Maybe an ornament, this one is available in my online store.


The possibilities are endless, it would also be a great way to present a gift certificate.


If anyone has or knows someone with the initials E.M.D. let me know and I will send you this hanky!   

This tutorial was for the "Handmade Gift-O-Rama" at

A must see!!
12 Fabulous days of tutorials on handmade gifts for the holidays!!

So, what else could you package in a CD box??

Happy Creating 

Carol











27 comments:

Char said...

Just beautiful and a great way to re-purpose too, Char

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Carol, What a fabulous idea! I love the hankies packaged this way.
Hugs, Sherry

Diane Mars said...

Beautiful Packaging Love It!

Jocelyne said...

Great Idea! I was going to put my vintage hankies in ziplock bags, not now. Thank you for sharing, you are so creative.

Unknown said...

Great gift idea Carol, you always post the best ideas and I love your blog! Hugs Marilou

La said...

You are so creative, Miss Carol. Love them all! La

Debbie said...

Once again, you score. My mind is racing with possibilities for things that I could package in the decorated CD case. Just wonderful, Carol.

Marguerite (Tina) Smith Hart said...

Wow Carol you just keep coming up with one fabulous idea after another, can I borrow your brain for a couple of weeks?....:) huh? Please!
Tina xo

Rebecca Nelson said...

Girly girl...you are one ingenious person! Know that?

Thanks for visiting me and for entering my giveaway! I'm sooo excited to see who wins this one! Watch close...another one is coming up for only my followers!

xoRebecca

Angie Holden said...

Thanks so much for posting at my blog!! :) You are the best!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful Carol this is an area I have to focus on! I have 1 Marie A Angel left would you like it for your tree..hope you can post pics of your Xmas tree sounds lovely....

Anonymous said...

PS how do you spray your projects without inhaling fumes ..cold now and have projects to do inside..xxoo

the old white house said...

Hi Carol! What a great idea, we have a bunch of cases because I put my cds in a folder thingy. I know I'm so technical! Perfect for gift cards! Theresa xoxo

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

Wow , now that is a clever idea!! Really cool!

Unknown said...

G'eve Carol ~ Miss Pearl/Maggie is blog friend ~
Just Between You & Me .. blog is listed on my write ~ http://grandmayellowhair.blogspot.com/

No,it is just her home. She is one beautiful lady.

So love you CD gift idea(s) ... brilliant!

Thank you for your visit tonight.
Have a beautiful Thanksgiving holiday.
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Debbiedoos said...

Now that is cute Carol. I wish those were my initials! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

Such a marvelous idea!
Jil

Kim said...

I have so many of those cases lying around the house. Now I know what to do with them. And just in time for the Holidays! Thanks Carol!
xoxo,
Kim

bee'nme said...

Oh Carol, I wouldn't have thought of that in a gazillion years! SO clever and adorable...the combinations and applications are endless. You are so very generous to share your many wonderful ideas...thank you!

Have a lovely weekend!

Hugs & Blessings,
Becky

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Carol,
We could help each other!! I know how busy it is for us...
LOVE the hanky holder/packaging. Where do you come up with these awesome ideas??!!
Have a lovely Thanksgiving!
Warmly,
deb :)

Ginger said...

Carol you have the greatest ideas. How great is that. I make a lot of cards and tags and that would be great to protect them.

Thank you for the sweet comment about my new Etsy. And thank you for the idea about the Christmas candle lights. I hope I can learn more and make this work. But since I work full time it will be a challenge. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Ginger

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Carol!
You are full of wonderful ideas and I just love this one. This not only makes a wonderful presentation as a gift but keeps your booth neater. Sure beats putting them in a basket and having them strewn around all over the place!

Love your oranaments too!

hugs
Sissie

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

Oh that is so clever ! Happy Thanksgiving ..

(())

Debbiedoos said...

Hi Carol...that was an antique shop we took Lucy in...it was pet friendly. When we go on vacations too, we find pet friendly hotels, so she is never in a kennel. The second time she ever went in a kennel she was so homesick she was sick for a week, we just can't leave her alone again. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Shabby Jen said...

Hi Carol! Thanks for posting a comment on my blog! We share the same enthusiasm in cramming as much as we can into our tiny spaces. You gotta have a little bit of everything to catch the eye of the shopper!
I love your craft work, you are so crafty!! I love your ideas too!
Have a happy Thanksgiving!!!!
Chat with you again soon.
Jen

Sandy said...

I love this idea.. and so pretty to present such a gift.. I'll bet the cases could be used for other items.. thanks for sharing.. and thank you for your visit today..
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Sandy

The Pink Rose Cottage said...

What a fabulous idea! So wonderful!

Thanks for sharing!
~Holly