December 23, 2014

Just A Little Christmas Decorating

Quite literally..."Just A Little Christmas Decorating"

   Since I am not hosting Christmas this year (Yea), I didn't go crazy on decorating.


My Christmas Tree is my dress form.   I saw this great idea at Shabby Story  You have to jump over and see the fabulous shabby decorating Lynn did......Trust me...You'll be drooling


I think everyone needs a dress form, I have used it in soooo many ways.  This dress form is from Barr Display altered or unaltered.  If you would like to age it yourself you can see my tutorial HERE


psst: would someone straighten the candles on the mantle..lol





These blinged up vintage candles were always a big seller in my booth.  The tutorial on altering them is HERE and HERE


This is my $8 thrift store find...It was all put together with the ornaments in the vase and complete with a bow...Yea!


I am soooo looking forward to Christmas with my family this year...I think there has been more time between Thanksgiving and Christmas than last year, which makes it seem less rushed

I have had a ton of fun going to holiday parties and hosted a 
"Hot Chocolate and Cookies Party"  

 The second weekend in December every year, the lake behind my house has luminaries lit all the way around the walking path 


 So.... I invited friends to stop over and grab a hot chocolate....Baileys.....Kahlua (Yum).  We walked the lake then came back for cookies....So much fun!


So....This is it kids...I am signing off for 2014 and will talk to you all again in 2015

I'm wishing a Merry Christmas to all of you dear friends around the world.

 You have enriched my life more than you will ever know!

Happy Creating
Carol


32 comments:

pogonip said...

Enjoy your holidays, Carol!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Carol, Everything is beautiful. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas.
xx,
Sherry

Createology said...

Lovely decor dear. Merry Christmas Blessings with Peace and Joy for all of 2015...

Vicky said...

Beautiful Christmas decoration , happy holidays and merry christmas!!

AnaCristina said...

Merry Christmas!

Becky said...

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.. Sending Hugs & blessings :).

DownTheLaneWithDaisy said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Carol!

The Speckled Hen Cottage said...

All the best for you and your family...Merry Christmas Carol!!! Hummm that almost sounds like a story~~~

Melodee said...

so pretty! love the luminaries- what a nice tradition! merry Christmas and Happy New Year! wishing you well!

Mari said...

Wishing you and your love ones a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year Carol ;) you home looks beautiful ;-)

Hugs~
Mari

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Pretty!
Merry Christmas!
xo,
deb

Cozy Thyme Cottage said...

Everything looks so beautiful! Merry Christmas to you and all your family! Nancy

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Merry Christmas, Carol! Your decorating looks wonderful and I love that the pathway was lit with luminaries. I'll bet that was so pretty to walk along.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Merry Christmas! Everything looks beautiful!

Connie said...

……...…..….. ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
…….…..….. ⋯ ✰ ⋯
………….….. ⋰ ⋮ ⋱
……… …….*•♥•*
…… ……. *♥♫♫♥*’.
… …….. *♥•♦♫••♥*
……… *♥☺♥☺♥☺♥*
………*♥•♥#♠*♥#♥•♥* ‘
……..*♥♫♥♥♫♥♥♫♥♫* ‘
…….*♥♥☺♥♫♥♫♥☺♥♥*’
……*♥♥♣♫♥♣♥♥♣♥♫ ♣♥♥*’
….’*♥♥♣♥♫♥♥♫♥♥♫ ♥♣♥♥*’
….*~~**~~**~***~~**~~*
….(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)
_____███████████
♥:♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥: ♥:
Carol, wishing you a very
Merry Christmas :)
Connie

Barbara said...

Very pretty! Happy Holidays!

farmhouse-story said...

you are so sweet, carol! wishing you a very happy christmas! (LOVE those stockings)!!

Kathy said...

Simply lovely and happy to hear you are able to enjoy a "slow" Christmas this year. Sending you Christmas hugs and best wishes!

Donna said...

Merry Christmas, Carol! I love the idea of adding lights to your dress form:) And the luminaries must have been amazing. Wishing you a Happy New Year!!

Vicky said...

Your home looks so lovely and festive,have a very blessed Christmas with your family!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Merry Christmas Carol! I love all your Christmas bling :)

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Your mantel looks so festive and you know I love that mannequin. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas celebration and that you're enjoying the rest of this holiday season.

Ros Crawford said...

Everything looks so beautiful ... Merry Christmas Carol

entirely apropos said...

Hope your Christmas was extra special. :) Happy New Year!

Mariella said...

You are phenomenal at decorating!!it is all wonderful!
happy 2015!

Mrs. Kelley Dibble said...

Hi, Carol! Pillowcase Project images are on Kelley Highway. Bring tissues!

Happy New Year hugs,
Kelley~

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

It all looks just beautiful Carol. Love the dress form tree! Happy New Year!
hugs,
Jann

Debbiedoos said...

Everything looked absolutely perfect Carol! I love the stockings on the mantel. They are so pretty. Happy, healthy New year to my friend. XO

Teresa said...

This is your just?!?! Warn me when you jump to the crazy stage so I come prepared ahahahahah
Wonderful. Awesome. Like you.
Wishing you a Happt, Creative and Successful New Year,
Teresa

Becky said...

Have a Happy New Year.. hugs :)

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Carol,
Happy New Year to you!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Happy New Year! Loved your snippets from your holiday decorating... may have to try blinging some of our vintage holiday candles... great idea!